Skip to main content

Ask for help

This page gives information on who you can ask for help if you encounter any problems that affect your studies.

Queen Mary has dedicated support contacts in every School. They can help with academic concerns and personal issues.

There are also support contacts for research students.

We hope you can always find someone at Queen Mary to help you - take a look at our Services and support section for more information. However, the External support page directs you to sources of advice outside of Queen Mary on subjects such as housing, health, counselling and finances.

Emergency services

In an emergency, please call the police, ambulance, or fire brigade on 999 or 112. If the situation is non-urgent, you can contact the police on 101 or the NHS non-emergency number on 111.

If you are on campus, please contact campus security on the emergency line: 020 7882 3333.

The Queen Mary Security website gives all the details for contacting the Security teams at the Mile End, Whitechapel and Charterhouse Square campuses.  

Making a complaint

Queen Mary's complaints procedure covers all concerns or complaints about both academic and non-academic services provided by the university.

You may be able to resolve the complaint informally with a satisfactory outcome for both parties. You can talk through the options for making a complaint with one of the support contacts in your School or Institute.

Please note, the formal complaints procedure is different from the appeals process you would use to request a review of a decision by an academic body about your marks, progression or degree classification.

Back to top