Volunteer at the Hackney Christmas Dinner event for young care leavers
The Hackney Christmas Dinner is held on Christmas Day for 50 care leavers aged 18-25. The team is looking for volunteers to help contribute to this meaningful event that has a big impact on young peoples' Christmas.
Now in its fifth year, the Hackney Christmas Dinner is held on Christmas Day for 50 care leavers aged 18-25. The day itself includes games, crafts, music, a hairdressers, nail salon, films, a huge and Christmas dinner and lots of presents! Check out the video of last year's event for a look at what went on and some testimonials from the guests.
The event is run on a very small budget by volunteers and relies on the help of all-comers to make it a success. This year the team want to make it bigger and better than ever, and there are lots of ways you can help.
Ways you can help:
- Volunteer – Whether it's wrapping presents on Christmas Eve, hosting the young people on Christmas Day or helping clear down on Boxing day. Please fill out the volunteer form and send back to email@example.com.
- Buy presents – There is an amazon wishlist to make sure the 50 young people get to feel special. They all receive a huge bag of gifts to take home, so please send all presents to the registry gift address under the name 'Hackney Christmas Dinner'.
- Refer guests – You can refer young people aged 18-25 who are care experienced and would otherwise be spending christmas alone – please send a membership form back to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Amazon Wishlist
- Youtube video of last year's dinner
- The main Christmas Dinner website
- Contact email: email@example.com