Stress less – take control of your money
Managing your money can feel stressful, but there are some small steps you can take to feel more in control and less worried about it, and to support your mental health.
- If your financial situation has been adversely affected by the pandemic, please read our new money advice page about this. There are temporary rules in place about rent payments, debts, and other things, because so many people are in financial difficulty at the moment, so make sure you know your rights.
- Work out your budget so you know exactly how much money you have coming in, and what your spending is. We explain how to do this here.
- Are you in unexpected financial hardship? You may be eligible to apply to the Queen Mary Financial Assistance Fund for a grant. For more information and how to apply, click here.
- If you are a continuing student, apply online as soon as possible for next year’s Student Finance so that the money is ready for you in September.
- If you need help planning your budget or managing your finances, contact a Welfare Adviser in the Advice and Counselling Service.