Planned utilities works at Mile End campus
A series of planned utilities works are taking place from 12 December to the end of March along Westfield Way on our Mile End campus.
The works will involve excavating relatively small areas of the road and footpath along Westfield Way.
We have arranged these works to ensure minimal disruption for our students, staff and visitors to Mile End. Please note the following:
- When excavation is taking place, working hours will be 8am to 5pm on weekdays.
- Access to all buildings, including for emergency vehicle access, will be maintained at all times.
- When footpath closures are required, clear signage will redirect pedestrians to the diverted footpath.
- At various times during the work, there will be some parking bay suspensions. We will keep you updated as to which bays will be suspended and when. We will ensure that disabled parking bays will be available.
- The cycle hoops based outside the Arts One building will be moved to a location behind the Arts Two building.
To control noise and dust, we have ensured that all cutting equipment has noise-reduction systems and all fencing contains netting to suppress the spread of dust. While we aim to minimise the noise, the works may be noisy at times.
Occasionally, some construction vehicles will need to operate outside of the fenced off works area. We have put in place arrangements to manage this and other traffic for the safety of everyone on campus.
The following set of campus maps shows the location of these works through its various stages:
- Phase One - Mile End Phase One Map [PDF 3,616KB]
- Phase Two - Mile End Phase Two Map [PDF 3,553KB]
- Phase Three - Mile End Phase Three Map.pdf [PDF 1,801KB]
- Phase Four - Mile End Phase Four Map [PDF 1,797KB]
We apologise for any inconvenience caused by these utilities works. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Estates and Facilities Directorate