Skip to main content

Money Matters, June 2018

The Advice and Counselling Service has provided these useful tips to help you control your money over the vacation. 

Are you looking for a summer vacation job?

Check out our advice guide on working


Have you applied for Student Finance for next academic year?

If you are a continuing student, you should have been contacted by Student Finance England (SFE) inviting you to apply for the next academic year. If you have not heard anything you should log on to your SFE account and see if you can apply. To find out how much Student Finance you might get next year, click here.

Take control of your money!

Now is the ideal time to plan your budget for the summer and the new academic year.

Are you due a TV licence refund?

If you don’t need your licence for a full 12 months, you have at least one complete month left on it and won’t need it again before it expires, you can request a refund.

Are you considering doing a postgraduate programme? 

Check out our guide to postgraduate funding.

How to get more help

If you would like a confidential appointment in the Advice and Counselling Service to talk about your individual situation, you can:

  • Try and get a same-day appointment – a limited number of these are available every weekday afternoon during term time. Registration starts at 1.30;
  • Book an appointment in advance by:
    • emailing us via our website
    • calling us on 020 7882 8717
    • visiting our reception on the ground floor of the Geography building, Mile End campus

Twitter: @QMUL_ACS




Back to top