Money Matters – what to do if you are running out of money at the end of term
If you are waiting for your next instalment of Student Finance in April, you may be running out of money as the end of term approaches. The Advice and Counselling Service provides three possible options to improve your finances
- Have you applied for a grant to the university Financial Assistance Fund? Check your eligibility and download an application form. Friday 6 April is the deadline for a standard application. Contact a Welfare Adviser (see below) if you would like help with your application. Watch our short animation about hardship funding.
- Plan a budget so you can see exactly what your income and outgoings are. Use our online budgeting advice and great money saving tips. You can also watch our short animation about budgeting.
- Have you got a student bank account with an interest free overdraft facility? Compare the options
Reapplying for Student Finance 2018/19
Continuing students will need to reapply for Student Finance for the next academic year. Student Finance England will normally contact you to invite you to reapply. It is advisable to do this by June at the latest so your application will be processed in time for September.
We have updated our Undergraduate Funding guides with the 2018/19 Maintenance Loan and QMUL Bursary rates.
Do you need further advice?
Money advice is available to all Queen Mary students from experienced Welfare Advisers in the Advice and Counselling Service. The service is confidential and free.
We have same-day appointments every weekday in term-time, subject to availability. Just turn up to register at 1.30pm. If you would prefer to book an appointment or ask for advice via email you can:
- email us via our website
- call us on 020 7882 8717
- visit our Reception on the ground floor of the Geography building, Mile End campus.
You can also follow us:
- on Twitter: @QMUL_ACS
- on Facebook: http://on.fb.me/pj5TP3