Applications now open to win up to £10,000 to turn your idea into a business reality
The QEnterprise Funding Awards seek out game-changing start-up and social enterprise talent among the Queen Mary student community, offering budding students with entrepreneurial ambitions the chance to win a significant bundle of start-up support and a cash prize of up to £10,000.
- Win up to £10,000 in prizes.
- A place on the QIncubator or QAccelerator programme supported by Santander Universities.
- 1-2-1 support and coaching from QEnterprise.
The Awards have been launched by QEnterprise at Queen Mary, with funding from Santander Universities and the Higher Education Innovation Fund (HEIF).
Last year’s competition uncovered Animorph, an immersive media workers' co-operative specialising in augmented and virtual reality. Animorph collaboratively conceive, develop and deploy applications for both smartphone-based and standalone wearables.
Izzy Obeng, Enterprise Manager at QEnterprise said: “At Queen Mary, we’re committed to inspiring and supporting our growing community of young entrepreneurs.
“Our Funding Awards help deliver the message that any student can start an outstanding business or social enterprise straight out of university, or even while studying.”
There are three funding awards to be won:
- ‘Try It’ – up to £500 for students and alumni with a business idea they want to try out.
- ‘Grow It’ – up to £5,000 for students and alumni looking to grow an existing venture.
- ‘Build It’ – up to £10,000 for students and alumni looking to develop a prototype.
Our 2019 funding deadlines are as follows:
Round 2: Wednesday 12 December 2018 – Sunday 20 January 2019, 11:59pm
Round 3: Wednesday 27 March 2019 – Sunday 28 April 2019, 11:59pm
To enter, students must be in education or have left in the last 24 months. Applications for funding and full eligibility criteria can be found on the Careers and Enterprise website.
For more information, please contact Izzy Obeng at email@example.com.