30 September 2019
Volunteer to mentor a primary school pupil as part of the ReachOut Level Up experience
The ReachOut Level Up Experience is a year-long volunteering scheme for university students with a difference. As a Level Upper, you will have access to a series of fantastic benefits that could be invaluable to your future career!
- By volunteering as a mentor for two hours per week, you will have a real impact on a primary school child. You will help to set them up for the future whilst adding high-quality experience to your CV.
- You will develop a broad range of transferable skills, from problem solving and time management to communication, teamwork and leadership.
- You will also gain access to ReachOut’s industry network, with chances to receive career advice and to attend workshops hosted by major graduate employers.
- Finally, when you complete your volunteering year, you will become eligible for fast-track access to graduate schemes with ReachOut’s corporate partners!
What is ReachOut?
ReachOut is a mentoring charity working with young people in disadvantaged areas, to raise aspirations and to help them grow in character and attainment.
The charity aims to improve self-confidence and develop numeracy, literacy and communication skills whilst reinforcing core values. This is achieved through one-to-one mentoring with positive role models and team activities, to promote leadership, trust and responsibility.
- Queen Mary University of London
- Macquarie Group
- University of Greenwich
- National Football League (NFL)
- TRUÉNO DIZZY
How do you sign up?
- Visit ReachOut’s website and register to volunteer (limited number of spaces)
- Attend a one-off comprehensive training session that prepares you to be a mentor by 22 October 2019. You will then be invited to attend the Level Up Experience Launch Event on 23 October, where Superbowl winner, Osi Umenyiora and NFL Show Host, Jason Bell, will also be in attendance.
- Complete safeguarding checks (all volunteers have to be DBS checked and provide two references)
- Become a mentor and be there for your mentee, once a week for 2 hours, every week during term time (at the beginning of the programme, you choose the day and location, on a first come first serve basis).
For more information please visit ReachOut’s website: www.reachoutuk.org/levelup or email them at levelUp@reachoutuk.org