12 September 2018
To ensure you do not give your bank details to fraudsters or make payments into a non-QMUL bank account, please make sure you check the following:
The most secure method of payment is by card via our online payment portal (epay.qmul.ac.uk). A receipt is issued to you immediately.
If you are paying via bank transfer, it is important to check the QMUL website for the correct account details. We will issue a receipt within 24 hours of our bank receiving the funds (please note that this may take a number of days if made from an overseas bank).
You can check any outstanding payments and payments received by logging in to MySIS, the student records system: mysis.qmul.ac.uk.
Protection / prevention advice: information provided by City of London Police
- Do not click on any links or open attachments contained within unsolicited emails.
- Do not reply to scam emails or contact the senders in any way.
- If an email appears to have come from a person or organisation you know of but the message is unexpected or unusual, contact them directly via another method to confirm that they sent you the email.
- If you receive an email which asks you to login to an online account via a link provided in the email, instead of clicking on the link, open your browser and go directly to the company’s website yourself.
- If you have clicked on a link in the email, do not supply any information on the website that may open.
- If you think you may have compromised the safety of your bank details and/or have lost money due to fraudulent misuse of your cards, you should immediately contact your bank, and report it to Action Fraud.
- If you, or anyone you know, have been affected by this fraud or any other scam, report it to Action Fraud by calling 0300 123 2040 or visiting actionfraud.police.uk.