Join our couch to 5k course
Join QMSU Sport and take part in our free nine-week Couch to 5k course!
This course is designed for people who are brand new to running, want to get back into running or just want to get active again or for the first time. We will be creating a Queen Mary community, sharing stories, pictures, Strava Kudos and encouragement along the way. It is open to all students, staff and alumni!
What we will offer?
- The course will be run through the NHS Couch to 5k app.
- QMSU Sport will send weekly newsletters to keep you on track with your runs for the following week, running playlists, recipes as well as warm up and cool down tips.
- You will be assisted in getting set up on Strava to track your runs each week.
- There will be three runs every week on a Monday, Wednesday, Friday (with options to work this around your schedule).
- An optional call every three weeks to check in on how you are getting on and to provide help if needed.
What will you achieve?
- You will be able to independently and confidently run 5k non-stop once you complete the course. You will then be able to build upon the great work you have achieved and look to build speed and distance, or you can carry on running 5k runs at your own pace.
- QMSU Sport will be in contact this Friday, 5 March, with everything you need to know to get started the following week!
How to get involved?
Step 1: Sign up through the form before this Thursday, 4 March.
Step 2: QMSU Sport will be in contact with your information pack on Friday 5 March with everything you need to know before the course starts.
Step 3: Get started on Monday 8 March!