Come and ride with Barts and The London Cycling Club
Barts and The London Cycling Club is running a number of events in May. The club welcomes complete beginners and advanced riders, and the Wednesday events include equipment hire (bikes and helmets).
Wednesday 9 May
Noon-3pm | free
- 1.5 hours of track cycling at Herne Hill Velodrome.
- Coaches and all equipment included.
- This event is free (usually £10/pp) but there are limited spaces so please reserve a ticket.
Wednesday 16 May
Road and mountain biking
Noon-3pm | £3/pp
- One hour of road cycling and one hour of mountain biking at the LeeValley VeloPark.
- Coaches and all equipment included. You are welcome to bring your own equipment.
- Tickets: £3/pp (usually £34/pp)
- Facebook event page: www.facebook.com/events/243333969738262/
Saturday 19 May
Social London to Brighton road ride
9am | free
- Garrod Building, Whitechapel campus to Brighton (~90km), stopping for coffee/cake on the way. We'll then get the train back to London in the afternoon.
- Two groups: Group A (fast – 25-30km/h) and Group B (casual – ~20km/h).
- This event is completely free and all are welcome, just let us know if you're interested and show up on the day. You will need your own bike and helmet for this event.
- Strava event: www.strava.com/clubs/262599/group_events/306654
To purchase/reserve tickets for the Wednesday events please do so by logging in to the QMSU website and visiting the BLCC Club Sport page (www.qmsu.org/groups/16050). The club will be organising a pick up location at Whitechapel before each event so everyone can travel to the events together.
Join the Facebook group (www.facebook.com/groups/BLCycling) if you are interested in any of these events or would like more information.