This year, the University and Students’ Union have been working together to develop our pioneering Going for Gold initiative.
Going for Gold is about providing the best – a gold standard – in your experience and education. Staff and students are co-creating ideas to deliver together an inclusive, world-class education bolstered by the best possible experience, learning environment and support for all our students. We are getting back to basics, sharing best practice and promoting a collective desire to excel.
There are four pillars to Going for Gold:
Excellence in education – supporting you to succeed through the quality of our teaching, assessment, feedback and academic support
Excellence in student engagement – involving students in the development of research, learning and the curriculum, and improving the process for providing feedback
Excellence in student employability – increasing Careers and Enterprise support throughout the student lifecycle and beyond
Excellence in learning environment – working with you to improve our campuses, facilities and services.
- Come along to the launch events. The first one takes place at Whitechapel on 24 January. Details for events at other campuses will be available shortly.
- Engage with student feedback mechanisms, such as surveys and module evaluations.
- Speak to your Course Rep and Students’ Union representatives.
- Stand for election yourself!
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org.