The UK Engagement Survey (UKES) is a national survey which gives you the opportunity to tell us about your learning experience at Queen Mary. It replaces the internal Queen Mary Student Survey, and is open to all undergraduate students who are not eligible to complete the National Student Survey.
The UKES 2018 was open at Queen Mary between Monday 5 February and Friday 30 March. The results will be available here from September 2018.
What is the UKES?
The UKES is facilitated by the Higher Education Academy, the national body that champions teaching excellence. The survey asks you about things like how you engage with the learning on your course, how you work with others, and what kind of activities help you to learn. It is a chance to reflect on how you study and what might help your studies in the future.
Why should I take part?
- UKES provides you with the opportunity to provide honest feedback on your course and your experience here.
- The results are taken very seriously and your feedback will be used to improve the learning experience and services at Queen Mary.
- It only takes around 10 minutes to complete.
- By taking part you will be in with an opportunity to win a prize. The more people who respond to the survey in your School or Institute, the more valuable the prize will be for the randomly selected winner:
- 75-100% response rate: £100 vouchers
- 50-75% response rate: £75 vouchers
- 31-50% response rate: £50 vouchers
- 20-30% response rate: £30 vouchers
- All responses will be treated as confidential and anonymised.
The results of the UKES at Queen Mary will feed in to analysis undertaken across all participating institutions, so your feedback will also provide insight into the student experience nationally, as well as here.
We hope that this will help improve your learning outcomes and those of future students. As the UKES is for all undergraduates not in the final year, your responses can make a difference while you’re still studying with us. Find out more about the positive changes we make in response to student feedback at www.qmul.ac.uk/tell-us.
How do I access the survey?
- You will be sent an email to your Queen Mary email address which contains a personalised link to the survey.
- Reminder emails will be sent during the survey period to students who haven’t yet responded, so the sooner you fill it in, the better!
- The UKES is open until Friday 30 March.
Where can I find more information?
If you have any queries about the survey, please contact Sarah Grossman, Student Surveys Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can find out more on the HEA website.