Services and support menu


Welfare Advisers at the Advice and Counselling Service can give you confidential advice on visas for international students.

The Welfare Advisers are trained and authorised to offer immigration advice, for example how to apply for or extend your Tier 4 immigration permission.

There is a useful guide to immigration including information on what immigration permissions you need to study at Queen Mary and what to do if your visa application is refused.

To update your passport or immigration permission details, please take your documents to the Student Enquiry Centre or your School office.

If you are a postgraduate research student, take your documents to the Research Degrees Office.

Working in the UK after your studies UKVI logo resize

The Advice and Counselling Service can advise international students on immigration categories, work schemes, and employee sponsorship programmes.

Return to top