Services and support menu

Student Health Service

Notice about vaccinations

If you haven't already, we advise that you get immunised against meningitis and measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) before arriving at Queen Mary. Teenagers and young adults up to the age of 25 are at higher risk from the disease, particularly those coming to university for the first time.

Student at Student Health Service resizeWe have an NHS Student Health Service available at the Mile End campus if you live in our halls of residence, or off campus but within Tower Hamlets (E1, E2, E3 and E14). You can see a doctor or nurse there every weekday during term time. Further details on how to access healthcare if you live inside or outside Tower Hamlets are available on the Student Health Service website.

We also work with local health organisations, such as Barts Health NHS Trust, Positive East and Step Forward, on campaigns and events with the aim of keeping students healthy. We also organise events at key times, such as Welcome Week and during revision and exam time.

Contact Student Health at

Return to top