menu

MyQMUL

Online resources menu

QMUL mobile app

QMUL is an innovative application that allows you to access comprehensive information, tools and resources from Queen Mary – directly to your device. 

FeaturesQMUL mobile app

• Check your course and exam timetables on the move.
  • Log into QMplus and your QMUL email.
  • Search for and renew library books directly from your phone.
  • Check PC workstation and room availability.
  • Top up printer credit with iPay.
  • Access your student records via MySIS.
  • Receive the latest news from QMUL.
  • Access social media from your School, Institute or Faculty, and from Student Services.
  • Information, news and events from Queen Mary Students’ Union.
  • Search campus maps for buildings and locations.
  • Get travel information.
  • A guide featuring useful links to student services and support.
  • Check the IT service status. 

Compatibility and access

The mobile app is available as a native app for Android (version 2.3.3 or higher) and iOS (version 6.0 and above) devices, as well as a web app for other mobile devices, laptops, desktop PCs and Macs via any modern browser (eg Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera).

You can access the web app here: qmul.ombiel.ac.uk

You just need to log in with your Queen Mary username and password, or you can log in as a guest if you don't have those details to hand. 

Download the app

Search for 'QMUL' in your device's app store and download the app.

Further features, feedback and suggestions

Further features are being planned for inclusion in the app, so make sure you download future updates.

What do you think about the app? Have we missed anything that you would like us to include – or are there some features on it that you don’t think are useful? We want to make sure the app is providing you with the information you need to make the most of your time at QMUL, so please give us your feedback via the app, or by emailing tell-us@qmul.ac.uk.

QApps

See the other apps available from Queen Mary.

Using the app - frequently asked questions

You may have some questions about the app, its features and compatibility. Here we have put together a set of frequently asked questions to help you:

Q: What is the app for? 
A: The app is intended to provide students with easy access to information such as timetables, library services, PC availability, plus useful reference material about QMUL services, etc.

Q: How do I get hold of the app?
A: The app can be downloaded from the Apple, Google, and Blackberry app stores. Search for QMUL and look for the icon.
For Windows devices, use your browser to navigate to: qmul.ombiel.ac.uk

Q: What platforms are supported?
A: Android (version 2.3.3 or higher)
iOS (version 6.0 or higher)
Blackberry (Z10 model)
Web – Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera 

Q: I have a Windows phone/tablet. How can I use the app?
A: Use the browser version on Windows devices. 

Q: I have an earlier model Blackberry. How can I use the app?
A: Use the browser version on earlier Blackberry handsets. 

Q: After installing the app, it asks me to log in with a username and password. What are they?
A: Use your QMUL username (eg, abc123) and password, or set up a guest login if you don't yet have these.

Q: After installing the app, I get the choice of logging in as a student/staff user or as a guest user. What’s the difference?
A: Students and staff should log in using the student/staff profile. This will allow you to use your QMUL username and password. Anyone who doesn’t have a QMUL username, for example visitors to QMUL or new students who haven't yet received QMUL credentials, can log in using the guest profile using their email address and a password of their choice.

Q: Some things on the app seem very slow, like accessing PC availability or my timetable. Can it be made faster?
A: The app will perform better when you’re using WiFi rather than data. On the QMUL (and other university) campuses, and at the Royal London Hospital, you can use the eduroam WiFi network. IT Services provides information on how to connect to eduroam.

Q: I’m installing the app on my Android device. Why does it say it will automatically send emails?
A: The app asks for this permission because if you use the sharing feature to tell friends about the app, it will send an email.

Q: How can I provide feedback on the app?
A: You can provide feedback via the app through Settings on iOS and Android, or the Feedback icon in the banner on the web version. You can also rate the app and post feedback in the app stores. You can also provide feedback by emailing tell-us@qmul.ac.uk.

Q: When I use the Library, My Account option, it asks me for a barcode and PIN. What are they?
A: These are the same barcode and PIN you use when using the self-service facilities in the libraries. 

Q: Some features don’t seem to be working. Why is this?
A: If a feature is not working, try returning to the app home page and try the feature again. If it repeatedly fails to work then report it as a problem using the feedback mechanism within the app or contact the ITS Help Desk

Q: The Timetable is not showing all my lectures/seminars/tutorials etc. Why is this?
A: The Timetable feature shows the same timetable as it appears in MyTimetable in QMplus. At present, SMD student timetables have not been put into MyTimetable so will not be shown via the app.

Q: I’m getting rid of my phone/tablet/PC. How do I log out of the app so that someone else can’t use my account?
A: Use the Log Out option (in Settings on iOS and Android, from web banner on the web app) to log yourself out of the app. This will delete any details about you held by the app on your device. 

Q: I’ve changed my QMUL password and now the app has stopped working. What do I need to do?
A: If you’re using eduroam on your device, you’ll need to update your password on your device so that it can connect to eduroam again. When you next try to use the app, it should prompt you to enter your new password. 

Q: Why do I need to re-enter my username and password to access my details in MySIS?
A: This is to protect your personal information from being accessed without your permission in the event that your device is lost or stolen.

Q: I have an Android device. How do I get hold of the app with the new user interface that looks like the iOS one?
A: You’ll need to update your app in the Google Play app store.

Q: I’ve got more questions! Who can I ask?
A: You can send your questions to tell-us@qmul.ac.uk and we’ll aim to get back to you as soon as possible.

Return to top