Tuesday 9 May 2017
You can now report accidents and incidents online at: https://qmul.oshens.com.
Access the form via the quick access portal on MySafety, QMUL’s new online health and safety system – there is no need to sign in. The form should be used by staff, students and visitors when reporting an incident/accident that happens on campus, or while engaged in QMUL activities off-campus.
When to use the form?
Staff, students and visitors should use the online form to report an incident or accident as quickly as possible after the accident/incident occurrence. You can report:
• An incident: an unplanned event that did result, or could have resulted, in harm, injury or damage to people, property or equipment.
• An accident: a type of incident that results in physical injury to a person.
• Near miss: a type of incident where personal injury or damage does not occur but the potential for injury or damage exists, eg tripping on an uneven surface but not falling over and injuring oneself.
• Service disruption: for example power outage or severe flooding.
• Security incident: a type of security onsite related incidents. Emergencies should be reported by phone to 020 7882 3333.
What happens once you’ve submitted the form?
Once your report is submitted, you will receive a PDF copy by email. Depending on the severity, the line manager or manager of the area in which the incident occurred will be contacted by the area Health and Safety Adviser or Coordinator to investigate and take remedial action.
QMUL takes its health and safety responsibility very seriously, we endorse the view that organisations with effective systems for reporting, reviewing and learning from adverse events, are more able to respond to improve the safety of staff, students and visitors.
If you have any questions about the new online form or general information about the MySafety system, please contact Rebecca Jones at Rebecca.email@example.com or Junior Joseph at firstname.lastname@example.org or the Health and Safety Directorate at email@example.com.