Wednesday 15 March 2017
Running out of money?
If you are waiting for your next instalment of Student Finance in April, you may be running out of money as the end of term approaches. Here are three possible options to improve your finances:
- Have you applied for a grant to the University Financial Assistance Fund? Check your eligibility and download an application form here.
- Contact a Welfare Adviser (see below) if you would like help with your application. Watch our short animation about hardship funding.
- Have you got a student bank account with an interest free overdraft facility? Compare the options.
- Plan a budget so you can see exactly what your income and outgoings are.
- Use our online budgeting advice and great money saving tips.
- Watch our short animation about budgeting.
Do you need further advice?
Money advice at Queen Mary is available to all QMUL students from experienced Welfare Advisers in the Advice and Counselling Service. The service is confidential and free.
We have same-day appointments every weekday in term-time, subject to availability. Just turn up to register at 1.30pm. If you would prefer to book an appointment or ask for advice on email you can:
email us via our website
call us on 020 7882 8717
visit our Reception on the ground floor of the Geography building, Mile End campus.
You can also follow us:
on Twitter: @QMUL_ACS
on Facebook: http://on.fb.me/pj5TP3