Tuesday 24 January 2017
London transport services on the Central and Waterloo & City lines will be disrupted if potential strike action by certain Tube trade union members goes ahead this Wednesday 25 and Thursday 26 January. If it goes ahead services will be affected from late on Wednesday evening and all day on Thursday.
QMUL will endeavour to provide a normal service throughout this time and you are expected to attend classes as usual. Please take the time to plan alternative ways to get to university, and check the Transport for London (TfL) website before you travel.
Notice of any strikes and the potential impact to travel in London will be available on the TfL website: https://tfl.gov.uk/.
Planned strike action: 24-hour strike from 6am on Wednesday 25 January to 9pm on Thursday 26 January
If the strikes go ahead
• No service on the Waterloo & City line
• No service between Leytonstone and Epping / Woodford on the Central line
• Less frequent trains on the rest of the Central line
• All other services will be running normally but are likely to be much busier than usual. You may have to queue outside certain stations at peak times and it will take longer than usual to board a train.
• Normal tube services are expected to resume by the morning of Friday 27 January
- Look now for alternative routes or methods of transport to get to university.
- Allow longer journey times as alternative routes and transport methods might be busier than usual.
Planned strikes do not always go ahead, sometimes being called off at the last minute, so please do check the TfL website for updates before you travel: https://tfl.gov.uk/.