Tuesday 26 April 2016
Unsure what you want to do next? Need help getting a job or applying for further study? The Careers & Enterprise Centre is open over the summer. You can find us in WG3, Queens’ Building or online at www.careers.qmul.ac.uk. Our services are available to you for two years after graduation for free.
Here’s how you can make the most of what we offer:
- Speak to a Careers Consultant for help working out your job options or to an Application Adviser for feedback on written applications (book an appointment at careers.qmul.ac.uk/book);
- Speak to our Enterprise Coordinator about setting up your own business and seed funding
(book an appointment at careers.qmul.ac.uk/book);
- Book a mock interview before your real one (call us on 020 7882 8533 to arrange this);
- Meet employers at one of our events (see our events at careers.qmul.ac.uk/events);
- Read our newsletters listing graduate internship and graduate job opportunities (sent to your personal email, so update your MySIS details).
Most employers look for graduates with a reasonable amount of professional work experience at the point of application. If you still need to build relevant work experience our QRecruit services provide a number of placement opportunities. QTemps places graduates into temporary work on or local to campus; QInterns provides paid full time or part time three month internships; and our award- winning QProjects scheme offers project work one day per week in a local charity. Log on to www.careers.qmul.ac.uk/qrecruit to browse opportunities. Also, look at QMUL JobOnline for a range of graduate work opportunities.
One of our last events of the academic year is our Career Options Mini Fair on Tuesday May 17 from 5.30-7.30pm. Register here.
Also, in January 2016 we will contact finalists (by email or phone) as part of an important national survey run by the UK government (more at www.hesa.ac.uk) to find out what you are doing in terms of work/study. The results affect School and QMUL rankings, so please look out for this survey and make sure you update your contact details on MySIS before you leave us (https://mysis.qmul.ac.uk).