Thursday 31 March 2016
The Security team would like to remind you to be aware of your surroundings and protect your PIN if using an ATM on or around campus. It's always wise to adopt a safety-conscious approach when making any kind of cash withdrawal.
ATM safety tips
- Try to plan ATM visits during the day, rather than after dark.
- Check the ATM machine for anything out of the ordinary before using it.
- Stand directly in front of the machine to conceal your PIN.
- Pocket your money immediately. You can count it later.
- Ensure you stay at the machine long enough to get everything that it gives you (card, cash, any receipts).
- Immediately report lost or stolen ATM cards.
If at any time you do not feel safe while at the ATM, cancel the transaction, take your card and receipt, and leave the area. If something doesn’t feel right, it probably isn’t right. Trust your instincts.
For more personal security tips or advice, please contact Security on 020 7882 5000.