Monday 8 February 2016
Are you looking to work in China?
The British Council is now offering graduates the opportunity to work for ten months in universities and schools across the country. But be quick – the application deadline of Sunday 21 February is fast approaching!
Working as a language assistant is the perfect opportunity to spend time learning Mandarin, whilst developing invaluable transferable skills. Plus, you’ll get paid.
With teaching time limited to between 12 and 20 hours a week, being a Language Assistant gives you plenty of time to explore China and develop your language skills. Previous participants have made the most of this free time – by setting up their own business or even appearing on Chinese TV.
During your placement in China, you’ll get:
• support from the British Council, with over 35 years’ experience working in China
• ongoing support from their partners overseas
• a two-week induction course when you arrive, including language and culture lessons, to help you settle in and meet other language assistants
• a free online TEFL course with practical tips to help you succeed in the classroom.
Salary and benefits
As a language assistant in China you can expect to be paid a comfortable salary every month. Your accommodation will be provided, flights are paid for and there is no programme fee to pay.
To be eligible you will need to:
• be a native speaker of English
• have graduated from university by the time you start your placement in August
To find out more and apply visit the website: www.britishcouncil.org/language-assistants/become/china