Thursday 3 December 2015
The Home Office is looking at the process by which people apply for a UK visit visa in order to make the process more simple and straightforward for the customer. They are conducting research that involves testing a sample online application form with participants.
They are improving the application process for those who are applying for a visit visa from outside the UK and as part of this work they would like to interview people from India, the Middle East, Russia, Turkey, Belarus, Nigeria and Thailand to test the form. There is no need for any preparation, and it’s a great chance to help improve the current process for future applicants. They will be conducting one-to-one interviews with people to understand how they can make it easier to apply for a visit visa from their country.
They will provide a £40 gift voucher in return for one hour of your time and there is no preparation or experienced required.
Who they are looking for
In order to be eligible, participants must:
- Have applied for a UK visa (not necessarily a visit visa) from overseas at some point
- Be originally from India, the Middle East, Russia, Turkey, Belarus, Nigeria or Thailand
- Speak English and at least one language widely spoken in their native country (please state which languages you speak)
- Be 18 years or older
- Be in the UK lawfully
Where and when
They will be holding sessions at their central London lab, located near Blackfriars Station on the following days:
- Monday 7 December: 9am-6pm
- Tuesday 8 December: 9am-6pm
- Wednesday 9 December 9am-6pm
- Thursday 10 December: 9am-6pm
- Friday 11 December: 9am-6pm
Some other important details:
- The research they do will be completely confidential, and all results will be anonymised. All findings will only ever be used to inform the redesign of the service and never for any other purpose
- They take great care to ensure that people they contact are not put under any pressure to take part
- Participation will not affect any current or future applications that participants make
- They cannot provide immigration advice
- There is no preparation or experienced required
How to apply
If you’re interested in participating, should email Oliver Bowley at email@example.com with the following information:
- How long you have been in the UK;
- Your current immigration status in the UK (eg permanent resident, T4 student, etc.)
- What UK visas have you applied for in the past
- What languages you speak (please state what your native language is, and your proficiency in any other languages);
- Your preferred day from the list above.