Friday 11 September 2015
QMUL is doing lots to make your university a greener place, and the Sustainability team is going to be out on the Mile End campus on Thursday 24 September showcasing some of the ways that students can get involved. Come to Library Square from 11am-2pm where they will be promoting the importance of sustainability to students, and giving out environmentally themed freebies throughout the day, including Fairtrade chocolate, smoothies, and Green Mary canvas bags. You won’t be able to miss them – they’ll be the ones marching around Library Square with the six-metre tall talking purple robot.
On Green Mary Day, you can:
- Take a #robotselfie with the six-metre tall purple binbot, Mr RecycleMore, and his smaller companion R3 and be in with a chance of winning a £20 One4All voucher if you post it on Twitter tagging @QMSustain
- Grab a goodie bag and Fairtrade chocolate from the Green Mary gazebo and learn about Student Switch Off, Green Mary and other chances to get involved with sustainability at QMUL
- Pedal for a free smoothie on the ‘blender bikes’
- Get your bike maintained for free with a trained mechanic. Spaces are first come, first serve so arrive early to avoid disappointment.
- Visit the Metropolitan Police to get your bike security marked for free from 12 noon
- Meet the Tower Hamlets Clean and Green Volunteering team and find out how to make an impact in the local community
- Visit Mile End Library where you can use the eco-interactive carbon gym and driving simulator to learn about carbon footprints
- Get a voucher for free cycle safety training, and find out about local bike ride socials
If you are interested in learning more about Sustainability at QMUL, please visit the re-launched web pages, which will go live on Thursday 24 September. There you will find the Annual Report, amongst other information about what QMUL is doing to make the university a greener place.