Monday 29 June 2015
Maintenance work on the core library management system (LMS) and the associated library systems will take place from 3pm tomorrow, Tuesday 30 June, and continue all day on Wednesday 1 July.
Library opening hours on these days will be as normal at Mile End, Whitechapel and West Smithfield campuses, however, there will be restricted services while the work takes place. The services affected are:
- All library websites
- Library catalogue – users will be able to search for books and electronic resources but real time availability will not display
- Online and telephone renewals – renewals will not be possible during this time, and users are advised to renew or return early or contact the library if they have concerns or unexpected fines
- Placing holds
- Renewal notifications
- Book ordering, cataloguing and receipting – will not be done on that day so there may be some delays in obtaining books
- Entry through the security gates may be slower than usual
- No fines will be accrued while the maintenance work takes place.
It is anticipated that services will be restored as they become available during the maintenance window.
We are doing everything possible to minimise any impact to your studies, and thank you for your understanding while this essential maintenance takes place. If you have any questions, please talk to a member of library staff.