Tuesday 23 June 2015
Unsure what you want to do next? Need help getting a job or applying for further study?
Careers and Enterprise services are available to you for two years after graduation for free. We can support you into work, study or setting up your own business. We are open all year, including vacation periods, and you can find us in WG3, Queens’ Building or online at www.careers.qmul.ac.uk.
Here’s how you can make the most of what we offer:
- Speak to a Careers Consultant for help working out your job options or to an Application Adviser for feedback on written applications (book an appointment at www.careers.qmul.ac.uk/book)
- Speak to our Enterprise Coordinator about setting up your own business and seed funding (book an appointment by calling 020 7882 853)
- Book a mock interview before your real one (call us on 020 7882 8533 to arrange this)
- Meet employers at one of our 160 events (see our events at www.careers.qmul.ac.uk/events)
- Read our newsletters listing graduate internship and graduate job opportunities (sent to your personal email, so update your MySis details)
Most employers look for graduates with a reasonable amount of professional work experience at the point of application. If you still need to build relevant work experience our QRecruit services provide a number of placement opportunities. QTemps places graduates into temporary work on or local to campus; QInterns provides paid full time or part time three month internships; and our award-winning QProjects scheme offers project work one day per week in a local charity. Log into www.careers.qmul.ac.uk/qrecruit to browse opportunities.