Friday 13 March 2015
Queen Mary is pleased to announce the availability of two full scholarships to study at one of our partner universities in China. The Scholarships have been allocated to Queen Mary by the Chinese Government and will cover the entire duration of study of either: a programme of Chinese Language study (one year long); or a full degree course at any level in any subject taught in China (duration of studies generally longer than in the UK) preceded by a year of Chinese Language study where required.
- Scholarships include: registration; tuition fees; comprehensive medical insurance and accommodation. Airfare is not included
- QMUL’s partner universities are all prestigious institutions located in a wide range of cities and regions
- Any QMUL student (excluding citizens of the People’s Republic of China) can apply, including students graduating in June 2015
- Applications for the scheme must be submitted to the International Partnerships office by 12pm on Wednesday 25 March 2015. This deadline is final. There will then be a selection process undertaken by QMUL and successful candidates will be notified of our decision on Thursday 26 March. There will then be a counselling and advice session at QMUL on Friday 27 March for the two successful applicants. You will then make an official application to the Chinese Embassy by Tuesday 31 March with assistance from the International Partnerships Office. Please accept our apologies for the tight deadline but we have only recently been allocated these scholarships.
Complete applications should be emailed to Harry Gibney - firstname.lastname@example.org and should consist of:
- CV/Resume which should include details of school leaving qualifications
- Up-to-date transcript of all programmes of higher education study
- A personal statement of no more than 500 words to answer the following: “I will benefit from a programme of academic in study in China because……..”
Only complete applications submitted by 12pm on Wednesday 25 March will be considered.
If you have any questions please contact Harry Gibney, Study Broad and International Exchanges Officer - email@example.com
Full details of partner institutions and other Study Abroad opportunities can be found here.