Wednesday 25 February 2015
Whether you are applying for a summer internship, graduate scheme or part time job, practising your interview skills will help to improve your chances of success.
Some jobs might also ask you to take a psychometric test or to attend an assessment centre as part of the recruitment process, where you have the opportunity to show recruiters your skills through practical exercises such as a presentation, group task or case study. Again, preparation is important to help you perform well. Careers & Enterprise have two new online resources for QMUL students to prepare and perfect their technique:
Online interactive interview simulator
- Browse interview questions – find out what employers are looking for plus how to provide a strong answer to a range of different questions
- Practise interview questions – answer questions, against the clock, to build confidence and improve your technique. Choose from pre-built interviews or custom build your own, selecting the questions you want to work on
- Browse the advice centre – articles cover a range of topics from tips on how to perform well at interview and how to develop your commercial awareness, to what the weirdest questions of 2014 were and more!
Access this now with your QMUL log in via www.careers.qmul.ac.uk/students/applying/interviews
Online practice psychometric tests and e-tray exercise
- Practice full length numerical, verbal, inductive, logical and diagrammatic tests online, with downloadable answer sheets that explain the solutions to each question.
- Take a full length case study, often used as a work related exercise during the interview process or as a task in assessment centres.
Register at www.assessmentday.co.uk/qmul using your @qmul email address