Tuesday 24 February 2015
Running out of money?
If you are waiting for your next instalment of Student Finance in April, you may be running out of money as the end of term approaches. Here are three simple options to improve your finances:
- Have you applied for a grant to the University Financial Assistance Fund? Check your eligibility and download an application form
Contact a Welfare Adviser (see below) if you would like help with your application.
- Have you got a student bank account with an interest free overdraft facility? Compare the options
- Plan a budget so you can see exactly what your income and outgoings are. Use our budgeting advice guide or our online budgeting spreadsheet which you can personalise
Applying for Student Finance 2015/16
If you apply for income-assessed Student Finance, you can apply online now for 2015/16. You should apply as soon as possible and by 30 June at the latest.
If you only apply for non-income assessed Student Finance, wait to hear from SFE before doing anything. Your application may be able to be rolled over for the 2015/16 academic year – SFE will let you know if you need to do anything.
Do you need further advice?
Money advice at Queen Mary is available to all QMUL students from experienced Welfare Advisers in the Advice and Counselling Service. The service is confidential and free.
We have same-day appointments every weekday in term-time, subject to availability. Just turn up to register at 1.30pm. If you would prefer to book an appointment or ask for advice on email you can -
- email us via our website
- call us on 020 7882 8717
- visit our Reception on the ground floor of the Geography building, Mile End campus
You can also follow us:
- on Twitter: @QMUL_ACS
- on Facebook: http://on.fb.me/pj5TP3