Thursday 29 January 2015
Green Mary Week is Queen Mary’s annual week of action on climate change and environmental issues. QMUL are putting on five days of activities and events to raise awareness and showcase practical solutions for QMUL’s low-carbon future. Throughout the week food donation stalls will be on campus, and all donations will go to local Foodbanks to help those most in need.
- Meat Free Monday – with vegetarian food deals and cookery workshops
- Travel Light Tuesday – get free cycle training and maintenance, and bike security advice. Show your helmet in food outlets on campus for food and drink deals.
- Waste free Wednesday – need some stationary? Pop down to Library Square from 11am to get hold of free reclaimed stationary
- Turn it off Thursday – if you’re interested in ways to save energy, visit the Students’ Union Hub to play interactive energy arcade games and be in with a chance to win prizes! If you fancy a career tackling environmental issues, there is a careers session running from 6pm in Room 226, Geography Building
- Make a Difference Friday – showcasing volunteering opportunities both on campus and in the local community. There will also be free vegetarian cooking workshops running through the day. And look out for little R2, the Recycling Robot!
Full details for all the events running, including information on bookings, can be found on QMUL Sustainability's website and look out for updates in the run up to and throughout Green Mary Week on Facebook and Twitter.