Tuesday 16 September 2014
Want to share all that is great about studying in London? Do you have tips for other students about favourite places to go? All students in London are being given the chance to develop a new app to support all students studying in the capital. ‘London is my Campus’ is an exciting new project led by London Higher, the organisation that brings universities and higher education colleges together. The competition is open to all students in London the chance to design and develop a new innovative mobile app aimed at enhancing the student experience across London. To take part in the competition you need to submit a short video and 300 words to support your application. The competition opened on Wednesday 17 September, and you can find out more about the competition and how you can take part on the London is my Campus website.
Students can compete to become part of a group which will lead the design, development and production of a mobile app. When the app is launched in June 2015 it will be a resource available to all of London's higher education students.
The competition launches on Wednesday 17 September and will close on Friday 31 October.
The competition will be delivered in two phases:
Phase One – Submission and Online Voting:
- Submit an online video application alongside up to 300 words which will support your application.
- Other students will be able to vote for the best ideas online and alongside scores from a judging panel, and 15 applicants will be chosen.
- The 15 successful applicants will be notified by 7 November when they will be invited to take part in Phase Two.
Phase Two - Residential Workshop and Final Voting:
- 15 successful applicants will attend a two-day residential workshop on 15 and 16 November where they will form three teams who will compete to become the winning App Development Group.
- The three team's final concepts for an app will be showcased on the London is my Campus website between 20 November and 27 November when final voting will take place online and by the judging panel.
- The winning App Development Group will be notified at an event on 3 December.
You can find out more and apply for the competition by visiting the London is my Campus website.