Saturday 1 February 2014
IT Services are refreshing more than 1,300 student PCs across all campuses at QM. Following feedback you have given us, where you said a number of the current PCs are old and slow, we are now replacing them with high quality, high performance Dell equipment.
All the new PCs are touchscreen and will continue to run on Windows 8. Your password will not change and neither will the way you normally login, access your files, or print. We are simply upgrading the hardware to improve this service and to better meet the needs of students at QM.
We have started replacing a number of machines in high usage locations and you may have already used one of the new touchscreen PCs (which are proving very popular). Areas to benefit first from the new machines include:
- Mile End – The Hive, Library, Francis Bancroft, Lock-keeper’s Graduate Centre
- Whitechapel – Library, Garrod Building PC Lab
- Charterhouse Square – Dawson Hall IT Lab
- West Smith Field – Library, Robin Brook Centre Room 1.09
- Lincoln Inn Fields – 3rd Floor, Basement.
We will be installing new PCs in remaining locations over the coming months.
If you have used one of the new touchscreen PCs we would be grateful for your feedback. You can submit feedback to us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.