Friday 31 January 2014
Go Green Week is People & Planet's annual national week of action on climate change in schools, colleges and universities. QM is holding a week of activities to promote why we all should love our climate from Monday 10-14 February.
- Meat Free Monday - The Curve and Mucci’s will promote the benefits of a vegetarian diet by offering special menus and promotions full details of all the menus are available online at www.qmul.ac.uk/gogreen.
- Take Back Tuesday - The Students' Union will be holding a stationary amnesty from 10-4. It could not be any simpler; teams from around the university are donating their unused stationary to the SU who will be giving it away to students free of charge. If you need a folder or a ring binder why not come and see what’s available!
- Waste Not Wednesday - Student Switch Off will be in the Halls conducting waste audits so make sure you are separating your waste correctly and you will receive some Fairtrade chocolate. Also why not come along to our Green Impact workshop that will be addressing the best ways to promote recycling on site.
- Travel Light Thursday - We have a variety of cycling events for staff and students throughout the day. With free bike maintenance, free security marking and advice from the Met Police Cycle Task force today is the day to get on your bike! Cycle to work and get a free muffin with any large hot drink purchased at Starbucks! Simply come and see the volunteers outside the Curve between 9am ‐ 11am to receive your token for a free muffin.
- Green Mary Friday- The Green Mary Society will be collecting your environmental pledges and giving away free goody bags to round the week off, visit the library Square between 11-3 to get involved!
If you would like to help with any of the events, would like more information or are hoping to hold an event yourself please contact the QM Sustainability team.