Thursday 2 January 2014
- Use our Managing your Budget guide to work out your income and your spending, and compare the figures. Then you can see if your income is enough to meet your spending, and if not, how much the difference is
- If your income is less than your spending, you can look for ways to increase your income using our Additional Sources of Funding guide
- Have you applied to the QM Financial Assistance Fund? You may be eligible for a grant to help you pay for your living costs
- Are you working part-time? Our Part-time Work guide will help you find work and understand about pay rates, income tax and national insurance
- Do you have an interest free overdraft facility? This can be a useful additional source of income. Compare student accounts here.
- Are you getting the right amounts of Student Finance? If you are only getting non-income assessed Student Finance, it is important to check whether you could be eligible for any income-assessed finance, such as extra loan and grants. Our Student Finance advice guide explains this.
- Can you reduce your spending at all? You don’t need to miss out: you may be able to get what you need for less money, by choosing cheaper places to shop, and by making the most of discounts and special offers
- Our Managing your Budget guide can help you save money as well as websites like NUS and Save the Student
- Are you repaying debts which you can’t afford, and incurring interest and charges? Contact a Welfare Adviser for help negotiating a more affordable repayment plan
- Contact a Welfare Adviser if you would like a confidential one to one discussion about your finances. We can advise you on any extra income you might be entitled to, and we can help you plan your own budget
Do you need further advice?
You can find out more about the Advice and Counselling Service and how we can help you at www.welfare.qmul.ac.uk.
To contact us, you can:
- email us via our website www.welfare.qmul.ac.uk
- call us on 020 7882 8717
- visit our Reception on the ground floor of the Geography building, Mile End campus
Get our latest news via: