Monday 22 April 2013
If you’re an undergraduate student and thinking about postgraduate studies, you may have questions about how to apply for masters or PhD programmes, choosing options, accommodation, visa requirements, tuition fees and funding, careers, employment on campus or about the support services we offer to postgraduates. To help you find the answers to these questions and get an insight into graduate life, we are running a Postgraduate Virtual Open Day on the 29 April.
This event is online only and runs in the same way as a normal open day would but through instant messaging software, with chat rooms open 08:00 – 12:00 and 14:00 – 18:00 (except where outlined below). You’re welcome to join in the conversation at any point. There will be different chat rooms covering the following topics so you can pick and choose the most relevant for you:
- Applying for a masters, graduate certificate or diploma
- Applying for a MPhil or PhD (09:00 start)
- Accommodation options for postgraduates
- Fees, funding and scholarships for postgraduates
- Overseas students
- European students
- Careers and employability (10:00 – 12:00 and 14:00 – 16:00 only)
- Ask a Queen Mary student
- Thinking about studying a postgraduate degree at Queen Mary
A number of our academic Schools will be running specific chat events at a later date where you can talk to them in more detail about programmes and facilities for postgraduates. Please check www.qmul.ac.uk/postgraduate/virtualopenday for more details as these are confirmed.