Wednesday 6 February 2013
The Library and Thinking Writing are offering QM students the chance to join a reading space and to make progress with their reading. A reading space is a 2-3 hour session that helps you engage with the complex academic texts you have to read for seminars and/or assignments.
A reading space is not a workshop that teaches reading skills; a reading space is a chance for you to:
• focus on one or two texts of your choosing, without distractions
• spend a significant amount of time on getting the reading done,
• develop ways of moving usefully from reading into thinking about, and writing your assignments
Retreats are optional and voluntary, and open to all undergraduates. Our next reading spaces are in and before Reading Week, and all take place in the Library Seminar Room, in the Library at Mile End.
• Thursday 14 February , 10-12.30pm
• Monday 18 February, 1.30-4pm
• Tuesday 19 February, 10-12.30pm
To sign up, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the date you plan to attend, or just come along with the reading you want to do.