Thursday 19 September 2013
QM’s Learning Development team offers you a range of activities and resources to support you in your academic life at QM. These activities are ideal if you want some extra advice around a particularly challenging aspect of your course, want to improve on last year’s results, have had feedback on changing your work, or if you would like to fine tune your study strategies. All of our campus based activities are free and open any QM student. Come and meet the team in the Library at the Mile End campus, or find us online at www.learningdevelopment.qmul.ac.uk.
Here’s just a sample of the support available to you from the Learning Development team:
- Visit the Drop-In Study Centre (DISC) for Maths and Science subjects, where you can get impartial advice about your academic work in Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Biology and Statistics. The Centre offers guidance on how to approach your subject, gives general help on any questions you might have, and provides some one-to-one tutoring.
- Book a one-to-one tutorial to get personal attention to an aspect of your study strategies, including writing and spoken presentations, for a 50 minute session
- Drop in to our Help Zone to ask a quick question or sort out something that is puzzling you, or join a group study session to spend time working productively in the library
- Use our website to access online resources to help you exam questions and report writing
- Talk to one of our Royal Literary Fund Fellows who are all published writers. They offer one-to-one tutorials to help with written assignments and are happy to work with students at any level. You are invited to meet them, along with the Learning Development team, at the RLF Welcome Reception on Thursday, 26 September 2013, 16h30-18h30 in The Learning Café, Mile End Library.
- Come along to a Reading and Media forum to hear a guest speaker, watch a film or listen to a writer read their work.
Find out much more on our Learning Development web pages.