Monday 3 June 2013
The Student Enquiry Centre is a general enquiry service for undergraduate and postgraduate taught students and is the front of house for the Academic Registry and Admissions departments. It brings together the front line services of the Admissions, Registry and Bursary, Grant and Scholarship teams. Find out more about the services offered and updates on summer opening times, examination results and transcripts and replacing lost ID cards, Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) requests and much more.
The main services provided by the Student Enquiry Centre are:
- For current students (face to face, by telephone, email and via the frequently asked questions database Ask QM) ‐ official QM letter and transcript production, replacement ID cards, bursary and scholarship cheque collection, emergency loan appointment bookings, Student Records form submissions (e.g. interruption, withdrawal forms etc), general records, awards, exams and bursary and scholarship queries along with sign posting to other student support services.
- For graduates (face to face and phone queries only) – duplicate degree award letter and transcript production
- For prospective students (face to face queries only) – course enquiries, prospectus requests
- For applicants (face to face queries only) – hard copies of admission letters, fee questionnaire submission, taking copies of original qualifications.
For more information about the service we provide, our contact details, location and opening hours please see our website.
Please note our opening hours will be changing from Monday 10 June to the following times: Monday to Friday 9am – 4.30pm, except one morning a month when we will open at 11am. These dates will be advertised on our website and door.
Please also note that the Student Enquiry Centre will be closed all day on Monday 24 June due to staff training.
Replacement student ID card, CAS request and third party verification costs
In line with the rising costs that QM is charged for the production and administration costs relating to ID cards and CAS's we have unfortunately had to increase the cost charged for these items. From 1 August the following price rises will come into effect, along with charges to external agencies (e.g. recruitment agencies) for third party verification requests:
- Replacement student id card fee – will now be £15
- New CAS requests (continuing students) – will now be £20
- Third party verification requests (e.g. from recruitment agencies who wish to confirm your award details etc) – a charge will be applied. Cost to be confirmed.
Payments will need to be paid via QM’s eshop. The replacement student ID card fee can already be paid via eshop (at its current price of £12). The CAS request and third party verification entries will be added prior to 1 August.
Examination results and transcripts
As the main examination period is coming to an end, we’d like to inform you of the official publication dates of your exam results and how to request transcripts.
Overall module marks will be officially published on the following dates:
- 10 July 2013 – for undergraduate students
- 29 July 2013 – for postgraduate taught students
However, your School or Institute may publish your results provisionally prior to the relevant official date. Please check your department handbook or contact your School or Institute to find out if and when provisional results will be published.
If you are awarded a degree this July then you will be sent a hard copy of your final transcript in the post to your results address. Please ensure you keep your contact details up-to-date. Please see our website for information about how to request additional copies of your final transcript after the official publication date. Information about graduation, understanding your transcript and receiving your degree certificate can be found on our “your graduation” pages.
For continuing students, if you require provisional transcripts with your 2012/13 overall module marks then please request them after the relevant official publication date. Information about how to request provisional transcripts are on our website. Undergraduate medicine and dentistry students – please contact the SMD Student Office for information regarding transcript requests.