Thursday 13 December 2012
Every year, IBM runs a summer internship programme, called Extreme Blue, for the most talented young software designers and business students. The closing date is Monday 31 December so find out more and apply now.
Extreme Blue challenges students to develop a technology and business plan that will bring a new product to life in just 12 weeks. Working in a small team of students, you’ll transform an idea into a real product. Then, when the 12 weeks are up, you’ll present your prototype to IBM executives, their business partners and clients.
The UK leg of Extreme Blue takes place at IBM's Hursley lab near Winchester. Here you’ll enjoy support and guidance from some of the world’s leading developers and innovators.
So, if you’re the kind of person who seeks out opportunities and takes charge of your own development, IBM is the place for you.
· This is suitable for students on target for at least a 2:1 honours degree, either in their penultimate year if on a three-year course - or have two years left if studying a four-year one.
· Business roles: You need to be studying for a business related degree and to have excellent leadership, communication, planning and teamwork skills.
· Technical roles: You should be studying a technical, scientific or numerical degree and have excellent analytical, problem solving and teamwork skills - along with a talent for programming.
What’s on offer
· Salary of £15,000 (pro rata) for the duration of your placement.
· Accommodation with the other Extreme Blue students near to IBM Hursley in Hampshire. Think of it as university living, but with money! Don’t forget the beautiful location of IBM Hursley where you can relax in the Club House or play sport in the playing fields and tennis courts.
· There's also every possibility that you will get the opportunity to be part of a patent submission, which will look pretty cool on your CV.
Closing date is Monday 31 December 2012 so apply now online.