Would you like to participate in research to evaluate a new approach for maintaining a healthy mouth?
The Institute of Dentistry is looking for volunteers (non-smokers aged 18-30) to help with a study looking at the daily use of a probiotic lozenge as a novel approach for the maintenance of a balanced oral flora consistent with healthy gums.
30 November 2017
- be between the ages of 18-30
- be in good medical health with no underlying medical conditions
- have no history of advanced gum disease
- be a non-smoker
- be willing to attend the Study Centre for four visits for up to two hours per visit
- be willing to abstain from brushing your lower teeth for two weeks
- be willing to have an impression taken of your lower teeth for a gum shield to be worn when brushing your upper teeth for two weeks
- be willing to have a dental cleaning during the study.
You will be compensated for participating in the study.
- Mrs Lisa Groarke, Senior Research Nurse Centre for Oral Clinical Research (COCR) – 078 2455 1031
- Dr Nikolaos Gkranias, Institute of Dentistry, Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry – 0207 882 5135
- Dr David Gillam, Institute of Dentistry, Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry – 0207 882 8665