Undergraduate students: It's time to have your say!
Today sees the launch of Student Survey Season at Queen Mary, with the National Student Survey (NSS) open to final-year undergraduate students and the UK Engagement Survey (UKES) open to all other undergraduate students. Have your say now!
4 February 2019
Through our Going for Gold strategy we are working in partnership with the Students’ Union to ensure that your voice is listened to and we take actions in an immediate and effective way. With your help we aim to create a better student experience. We really value your feedback, as it helps us to make positive changes at Queen Mary. One of the most powerful things you can do to make your voice heard is to engage with the student surveys.
National Student Survey (NSS) for final-year undergraduates
The NSS gives you an opportunity to tell us what you liked about your time at Queen Mary as well as things that you feel could have been improved. As it’s a national survey, it gives us valuable insight into how we compare with other universities. The NSS also provides important information for prospective students to inform their choices about where they want to study. Queen Mary Students' Union is fully supportive of the NSS.
Why should you take part?
- The NSS provides you with the opportunity to provide honest feedback on your whole learning experience.
- Feedback from the NSS will be used to help improve the student experience for future students just as you have benefitted from previous students’ feedback.
- The survey takes about 10 minutes to complete
- The NSS is run by an independent market research company and all answers are anonymous.
- The NSS is an opportunity to make your voice heard in a nationally recognised format.
- Results are made publicly available to help prospective students make informed decisions of where and what to study.
- The Students' Union is supportive of the NSS.
- You can claim a £5 Amazon voucher for taking part!*
*Just forward the email you receive on completing the survey, along your name and student ID number, to email@example.com. We will send you your £5 Amazon voucher within two weeks.
UK Engagement Survey (UKES) for all other undergraduate students
The UKES asks you about things like how you engage with the learning on your course, how you work with others, and what kind of activities help you to learn. It is a chance to reflect on how you study and what might help your studies in the future.
You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org to your Queen Mary email address which contains a personalised link to the survey. The UKES closes on Friday 29 March.
Why should you take part?
- UKES provides you with the opportunity to provide honest feedback on your course and your experience here.
- The results are taken very seriously and your feedback will be used to improve the learning experience and services at Queen Mary.
- Your feedback can help us to make positive change for you and for future students.
- It only takes around 10 minutes to complete.
- By taking part, you can support the Students' Union's nominated charities - we will be donating 50p for each completed survey.
- The Students' Union is supportive of the UKES.
- All responses will be treated as confidential and anonymised.