Money Matters – free financial health checks with a Welfare Adviser
It’s University Mental Health Day on Thursday 1 March. Let the Advice and Counselling Service help you to reduce the stress and anxiety that are often associated with concerns about money, and improve your mental wellbeing.
15 February 2018
We are offering a confidential 15-minute financial health check with a Welfare Adviser to check you are getting all the money you are entitled to, and to help you plan a budget. There’s no need to book – just come to the Advice and Counselling Service, Ground Floor, Geography Building, Mile End campus, between 11am-3pm on Thursday 1 March. Appointments will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
You can also come and chat to us on Thursday 1 March in Library Square, Mile End campus, and there will be lots of other activities happening on that day.
- find out about extra money you may be eligible for from the University Financial Assistance Fund
- learn how to plan a budget
- get the best value for your money and make the most of discount schemes
- take control of your spending.
You can also watch our short film to see the advantages of planning a budget, and how easy it is.
Do you need further advice?
Money advice at Queen Mary is available to all QMUL students from experienced Welfare Advisers in the Advice and Counselling Service. The service is confidential and free.
We have same-day appointments every weekday in term-time, subject to availability. Just turn up to register at 1.30pm. If you would prefer to book an appointment or ask for advice on email you can:
- email us via our website www.welfare.qmul.ac.uk
- call us on 020 7882 8717
- visit our Reception on the ground floor of the Geography building, Mile End campus.