Course essentials menu

Funding your studies

All students can get advice about funding. Student using ATM resize

There is information for all undergraduate students on loans, bursaries, and grants. As well as student loans, you may be able to access other sources of funding:

Information on funding a masters is available in the postgraduate studies section.

Information on funding a PhD can be found in the research degrees section. 


There are a number of bursaries and scholarships available for undergraduate home and EU students.

There are also a number of scholarships and bursaries for international students.

There are also a number of bursaries for postgraduate students

Student loan 

All undergraduate home and EU students are eligible for a student loan from Student Finance. You will need to reapply for your student loan every year. 

The government's new Postgraduate Loan Scheme provides funding support for masters study.  


For more information on tuition fees, visit the tuition fees webpage or contact the Fees Office. Contact details and opening times for the Fees Office can be found on the Advice and Counselling Service website.

How are your tuition fees spent?

Your tuition fees contribute to a variety of activities, resources and facilities at Queen Mary, including teaching staff, course materials and laboratory equipment; our student services, including the libraries and careers service; IT provision, including PCs and Wi-Fi; and the upkeep and running of the buildings and campus.

Detailed information about what money comes into the university and how that money is spent, as well as our financial statements, can be found on the Queen Mary website

Making a complaint about funding

Read through the complaints process first. 

Return to top