Course essentials menu

Fees and funding

All students can get advice about how to fund your studies. Student using ATM resize

There is information for all undergraduate students on loans, bursaries, and grants. As well as student loans, you may be able to access other sources of funding:

Information on funding a masters is available in the postgraduate studies section.

Information on funding a PhD can be found in the research degrees section. 


There are a number of bursaries and scholarships available for undergraduate home and EU students.

There are also a number of scholarships and bursaries for international students.

There are also bursaries for postgraduate students

Student loan 

All undergraduate home and EU students are eligible for a student loan from Student Finance. You will need to reapply for your student loan every year. 

The government's Postgraduate Loan Scheme provides funding support for masters study.  


For full details of tuition fees, visit the tuition fees webpage. Further information is available on the Academic Registry website. If you have a question about your fees, you can contact the Fees Office at

How to pay your fees

How are your tuition fees spent?

Your tuition fees contribute to a variety of activities, resources and facilities at Queen Mary, including teaching staff, course materials and laboratory equipment; our student services, including the libraries and careers service; IT provision, including PCs and Wi-Fi; and the upkeep and running of the buildings and campus.

Detailed information about what money comes into the university and how that money is spent, as well as our financial statements, can be found on the Queen Mary website

Making a complaint about funding

Read through the complaints process for more information. 

Return to top