Discover London’s historic East End at your own pace with our free audio tour. Let our academic experts bring more than 300 years of east London’s fascinating past to life, using your MP3 player or smartphone.
The tour starts at Liverpool Street Station and finishes at Stepney Green Underground Station. With 12 stops, it takes around one hour to complete the route.
Tour highlights include:
- Whitechapel murder scene of Jack the Ripper
- East End’s Speakers Corner (Mile End Waste)
- Petticoat Lane Market
- Christ Church, Spitalfields
- Brick Lane
How to use the tour:
- Listen or watch now. You can listen to the audio walk now on your computer or watch it on YouTube
- Download and save the walk to your MP3 player or smartphone
- Print the map. The walk has an accompanying map of the route and points of interest (PDF format)
Download all MP3s[30,611KB] [30,611KB]
This walk is brought to you by Queen Mary University of London.
Words, production and website: Queen Mary University of London and Apercu Media Ltd.
Photography and archive images: Liz Somerville and the Mary Evans Picture Library. Narrator: Joanna Pinnock.
This walk was produced in 2012.
If you have any issues downloading and playing the tour, please a complete tour:
Download all MP3s[30,611KB][30,611KB]